Welcome to the Breastfeeding Community of Practice
The Breastfeeding Community of Practice is a volunteer network of individuals who support breastfeeding in Halifax Regional Municipality, Nova Scotia.
The Community of Practice connects with individuals, communities and organizations that are interested in creating a breastfeeding-friendly culture in Nova Scotia and providing the support to help make it happen.
Our goal is to increase awareness about the importance of breastfeeding, build community capacity and help people achieve purposeful action to support change.
Breastfeeding Grand Rounds
- April 16, 2019: 1-2:30 PM
- IWK - Cineplex OE Smith Theatre
Make Breastfeeding Your Business
- May 2, 2019, 9-11 AM
- 43 Northcliffe Lane, Halifax
World Breastfeeding Week - Planning (New members welcome!)
- May 2, 2019, 1-3pm
- 7 Mellor Avenue Unit 5 (Public Health Office)
Breastfeeding with Newcomer Mothers - Thesis Presentation (Public Event)
- June 4, 6:30-8:30PM, 7 Mellor Avenue Unit 5 (Public Health Office)