Breastfeeding Community of Practice
The Breastfeeding Community of Practice brings individuals, organizations and communities together to learn, share and and create change in our community. Members work and volunteer in variety of settings and have diverse backgrounds. Community of Practice members include: doulas, nurses, doctors, mothers, La Leche League leaders, students, health professionals, academics, lactation consultants and more.
• To connect people who work or volunteer in the area of breastfeeding who might not otherwise have the opportunity
• To provide opportunities for people to come together to share information, stories, personal experiences, explore new
possibilities, and solve challenging problems in a way that builds understanding, insight and creates mutually beneficial
• To build community capacity to promote, protect and support breastfeeding.
• To foster collaborative processes among groups and organizations that encourage the free flow of ideas and exchange of
• To help people organize and achieve purposeful action that delivers tangible results.